Sheila Kitzinger's message was that, for most women, childbirth is the most natural thing in the world. She urged mums-to-be to trust their bodies and to question medical advice offered. For her, mums were the focus of every birth and not doctors. Sheila was a passionate advocate of natural and home births. Giving birth is a natural, not a medical event, she argued. She had all her own five children at home.
- Abs mum gives birth
- Discovery could 'boost immune system's cancer fighting ability'
- Does happiness have a smell and is it contagious?
- Middle age 'starts at 60' claims media
- Preschool classes review and win
- Primary school admissions
Buy & Sell
Retro chrome drop handlebars with safety levers Complete set of retro drop handlebars, ready to go straight onto a rebuild or maybe onto a classic or vintage sports or racing bike. They were bought just over a year ago and fitted to a ...
- Baby, clothing and nursery equipment (2)
- Children's clothing, toys and games (1)
- Clothing (1)
- Computers, software, hardware and computer games (1)
- Furniture and furnishings (17)
- Gardening and Outdoors (7)
- Household and DIY (9)
- Miscellaneous (4)
- Musical instruments (5)
- Outdoor pursuits (5)
- Pets (2)
- Sports equipment and hobbies (3)
Family health interactive guides
Healthy home check Take this test to find out whether your home could be a health risk.
Healthy child self-assessment Find out how you and your child are doing with this short quiz.
Fitness self-assessment Take this simple assessment test to find out how fit and active you are.
Alcohol self-assessment Assess the effects of your drinking and find out if you're drinking too much.
Deaths - Louise George
Mrs Louise George of New Wells Road, Hill Mountain Passed away peacefully on Wednesday 15th
Birthdays - A WINTER
HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY ANNA from Husky, Rhys & the Dogs
Births - M THOMSON
MAGGY and PHIL DUNSEATH are proud to announce the birth of their Grandson ROSS EIRWYN THOMSON on
Marriages - BRONWEN & RHODRI RA
Bronwen Anna Jones eldest daughter of Glenda & Wyn, Trefach, Blaenffos and Rhodri Raymond,