April Fool's Day, also known as 'All Fool's Day', has traditionally been a day when people play tricks on each other. Practical jokes and tricks are usually reserved only for the morning. In many countries the tradition goes that you cannot play tricks on each other once 12 noon has passed. In fact, should you try and play a trick after this time it is you who becomes the fool! A traditional rhyme is often recited to remind people of their error if they attempt a trick in the afternoon: "April Fool is dead and gone, you're a fool to carry on!"
- Concerns raised about increased e-cigarette use in teenagers
- Paracetamol 'not effective' for lower back pain or arthritis
- Healthy diet could cut risk of Alzheimer's disease
- Sperm quality pesticides claim 'should be treated with caution'
- Getting advice from your health visitor
- Knackered parents club
Buy & Sell
Solid Pine single bedstead & matress In excellent condition selling due to house move, viewers welcome BARGAIN cost £200 from Vincent Davies
- Antiques and collectables (6)
- Baby, clothing and nursery equipment (5)
- Books, records, CDs, Videos and DVDs (3)
- Clothing (9)
- Furniture and furnishings (28)
- Gardening and Outdoors (4)
- Household and DIY (21)
- Miscellaneous (16)
- Musical instruments (3)
- Office equipment (4)
- Outdoor pursuits (5)
- Sports equipment and hobbies (6)
Family health interactive guides
Healthy home check Take this test to find out whether your home could be a health risk.
Healthy child self-assessment Find out how you and your child are doing with this short quiz.
Fitness self-assessment Take this simple assessment test to find out how fit and active you are.
Alcohol self-assessment Assess the effects of your drinking and find out if you're drinking too much.
Deaths - O PRESTON
Mrs. Olwyn Joyce Preston Milford Haven The death occurred peacefully at Withybush Hospital,
Birthdays - A WINTER
HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY ANNA from Husky, Rhys & the Dogs
Births - M THOMSON
MAGGY and PHIL DUNSEATH are proud to announce the birth of their Grandson ROSS EIRWYN THOMSON on
Marriages - BRONWEN & RHODRI RA
Bronwen Anna Jones eldest daughter of Glenda & Wyn, Trefach, Blaenffos and Rhodri Raymond,