Compare all secondary schools within 10 miles of Alveley, Bridgnorth, Shropshire on this page. Click an individual school for more detailed information about its results and a link to its Ofsted reports. You can also rank schools according to results of your choice by clicking the headings at the top of the table.
The tables below show achievement for pupils taking GCSEs, regardless of their age, and progress pupils have made between age 11 and by the end of Key Stage 4. See also A-Level results.
Secondary School Performance 2012 (Key Stage 4)
|School||GCSE Pupils||5 A*–C||Pts||VA||English Bacc|
|Edgecliff High School||115||68%||450.9||985.3||16%|
|Oldbury Wells School||143||63%||481.5||998.3||14%|
|The Bewdley School and Sixth Form Centre||161||73%||485.9||989.7||27%|
|Wolverley CofE Secondary School||150||53%||440.8||995.6||5%|
- GCSE Pupils: the number of pupils taking GCSEs
- 5 A*–C: the percentage of pupils gaining five or more GCSEs at grades A* to C including English and maths
- Pts: the average points score per pupil for all GCSEs where A* equals 58 points, A 52, B 46, C 40, D 34, E 28, F 22 and G 16
- VA:The ‘Best 8 plus English and mathematics bonus’ VA measure is used to see how effective schools have been in helping their pupils’ progress from KS2 to a broad range of subjects at KS4. The measure estimates how pupils perform in their best 8 GCSEs (or equivalent qualifications) with pupils receiving an additional bonus for their performance in GCSE English and mathematics.
- English Bacc: Percentage of pupils achieving the Government's new English Baccalaureate. This is awarded to teenagers who achieve GCSEs in English, maths, a science, a foreign language and a humanity, such as history or geography, at grade C or above.
- ; or NA or @ or NP or LT11: no information supplied by the Department for Education
- Please note: Independent schools score zero (or very low scores) if they enter all or most pupils for alternative qualifications, some of which have not been fully accredited by the Government.
- SUPP: Fewer than 6 pupils were included in the calculation. Results are not shown because of the risk of an individual pupil’s results being identified. If one progress measure is suppressed for this reason, the other will also be suppressed.
- LOWCOV: Indicates that a school’s VA measures have been suppressed because coverage is less than 50% of the cohort.
Includes data supplied by Department for Education, or the Welsh Assembly Government 2010-13