Snow disruption: roads update
11:50am Monday 21st January 2013 in News
Two Pembrokeshire primary schools have been closed today (Monday) due to the snow and cold weather conditions.
Pembrokeshire County Council confirmed at around 11.30am that Ysgol Gymunedol Maenclochog and Ysgol Llanychllwydog in the Gwaun Valley had been closed.
A council spokesman added the following updates regarding Pembrokeshire's roads at 2pm:
- The disruption caused by snow in Fishguard area is now under control.
- The B4329 mountain road is now fully open, but passable with care.
- A478 is clear and open contrary to press reports.
- A maintenance crew to be deployed with JCB to open some of the blocked roads. in the Tegryn area.
- Icy roads are reported in the Clunderwen, Puncheston and Mynachlogddu area.
- Difficult driving conditions have been reported in the Tavernspite area around the Carmarthenshire border.
Keep checking the Western Telegraph website for news of any further closures.