Worldwide support for Charlie and Megan's roundhouse fight
Updated 4:07pm Monday 1st April 2013 in News
Supporters from as far afield as Scotland, Brazil andNew Zealand have joined the fight to save a family home from potential demolition.
Megan Williams and Charlie Hague failed to apply for planning before building their eco roundhouse, and have been issued with an enforcement notice by Pembrokeshire County Council planning department.
They are currently appealing the notice that says the property is 'harmful to the rural character of the locality', and have set up a Facebook group to drum up support for their retrospective planning application.
Megan told the Western Telegraph: "The response so far has been amazing."
Videos of the couple's home are also being shared online, and have generated hundreds of comments from people all over the world.
The couple have since featured in national newspapers, on British television and on websites all over the world.
Dubbed a 'Hobbit house' by many, it has also attracted the attention of TV presenter and property developer George Clarke, who Tweeted "So...should this house stay? Or should it be demolished?"
Their Facebook page, Charlie and Meg's Roundhouse, has gone from 200 to more than 3,500 likes in the last two weeks.
Support has come from Europe, Canada and America, and several people have left the comment 'Brazil supports you' after the roundhouse was featured on a Brazilian news website.
Charlie said: "It's great that local people seem to be behind us too, and we really appreciate everyone taking the time support our application."
Megan and Charlie built their turf-roofed wooden roundhouse on family land in Glandwr last year, just in time for the birth of their son Eli.
The planning application can be accessed online at www.pembrokeshire.gov.uk using ref no 12/1070/PA. The deadline for submissions is April 4th. To visit Charlie and Megan's Facebook page, search: Charlie and Meg's Roundhouse.
Comments are closed on this article.