Theme park apologises after second power outage - and says problem is now fixed
6:25pm Tuesday 20th August 2013 in News
OAKWOOD Theme Park has apologised to visitors after it suffered power problems for a second time this month.
On Friday, August 16 a number of rides were out of action, leaving some people complaining that their day out had been ruined.
An Oakwood spokesman said: “The power cut on Friday lasted for around an hour and affected six rides in total and two food outlets. There were 22 other rides and attractions which were unaffected and continued to operate as normal including the High Dive Shows."
Meanwhile on Tuesday, August 6 thrill seekers got more than they bargained for when the rollercoaster Speed broke down, leaving them suspended 100ft in the air for nearly half an hour.
It was established on that day that the power cut had interfered with the transmitter for the engineering lift and, as a further safety precaution, the ride was closed down for the day.
The Oakwood spokesman added: “Having worked with engineers from our electricity providers we have successfully identified the issue and it has now been fixed. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused during the power cuts. The theme park is open as normal and looking forward to the bank holiday weekend.”
- DON'T MISS this week's Western Telegraph (August 21 edition) for your 'Kids go Free'* voucher for Oakwood.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Comments are closed on this article.