UPDATED: 'Explosion' reported at scene of Milford Haven house fire
8:58am Monday 14th October 2013 in News
There were reports of an explosion at the scene of a house fire in Milford Haven this morning (Monday).
A 79 year-old woman understood to have been in the property at the time, ran out onto the street following the blast and has been taken to hospital.
A gas leak is the suspected cause of the explosion and fire, as Silverstream Dive, Hakin.
Police have cordoned off the street, neighbouring properties have been evacuated, and blaze is now under control.
Two fire appliances and a water bowser are at the scene. Appliances from Milford Haven, Haverfordwest and Pembroke Dock attended the scene.
The house is still smoking and fire service personnel are monitoring gas levels at the property.
Earlier, Dyfed-Powys Police officers had warned residents in the area to close doors and windows due to smoke.
Some traffic delays are expected in the area as the situation continues.
* Do you have photographs of the scene?
Email them to email@example.com
Comments are closed on this article.