Bus left stranded in floodwater after being struck by huge wave
11:36am Sunday 2nd February 2014 in News
The A487 through Newgale will be closed until further notice after another battering by high winds and high tides.
A Richards Bros bus that was hit by a high wave, leading to the rescue of around 10 passengers, was left stranded in floodwater and the pebble sea defences have again been pushed all across the road.
Large areas of land around the Duke of Edinburgh pub were also flooded again.
Pembrokeshire County Council, in a countywide update issued on Sunday morning, said:
· All clear at Dale. Debris cleared this morning
· Clean up underway at Wisemans Bridge. Road should re-open around midday
· Road still closed at Amroth.
· Road at Gelliswick, Milford Haven being cleared.
· No issues at Fishguard overnight or this morning.
Comments are closed on this article.