Newgale road reopens after earlier closure as high tides spark more problems
Updated 2:35pm Monday 3rd March 2014 in News
The road through Newgale has reopened this afternoon (Monday)following further high tide flooding problems.
The Pembrokeshire coastline is on flood alert and South Pembrokeshire rivers and streams on flood alert around the Tenby area.
High tide this morning at Milford Haven was at 0730 hours.
Around the county:
• the A487 at Newgale was closed due to water and pebbles on the road.
• some flooding at the Commons, Pembroke, but no impact on road network reported
• no flooding problems at Dale. Flood gate in place at the top of the slipway but no overtopping of defences. No impact on road at The Gann.
• at Amroth pebbles and debris washed onto the road but it is passable
• council work crews attending Lower Town, Fishguard, for high tide at 0830 hours high tide.
Comments are closed on this article.