A troubled teenager has been sent to jail after bring a Pembroke Dock street to a standstill yesterday (Tuesday) by hanging out of a first-floor window.

Jordan Mruk, 19, c/o Meyrick Street, Pembroke Dock, pleaded guilty to disorderly behaviour when he appeared from custody at Haverfordwest magistrates court on Wednesday.

The court heard that Mruk took umbrage as two police officers accompanied his case worker to a pre-arranged meeting with him on Tuesday morning, October 10.

Vaughan Prichard-Jones, prosecuting, told the court that two people usually accompanied the case worker because of his ‘volatile behaviour’, but Mruk disliked one of the officers who arrived on Tuesday.

He said: “It seems he had a personal dislike of one of the officers and immediately used foul language.”

Mruk swore at the officer, telling him to leave the building, and there was a brief stand-off as the officer took hold of his shoulder and Murk responded by grabbing his shirt.

The officers decided to wait outside to diffuse the situation, but Mruk followed them and continued to use foul and abusive language. He locked himself in his flat when they tried to arrest him for disorderly behaviour, and went out onto the windowsill.

The road was closed for several hours during the incident, with police officers, fire and ambulance crews attending the scene until 2.30pm.

Jonathan Webb, defending, told the court that Mruk accepted his behaviour amounted to disorderly conduct, adding that he had not had an easy upbringing and lacked coping skills after spending time in the care system.

He said: “When he is placid he is one of the most polite young adults you can meet. That’s not the Jordan Mruk that the police know because he can kick off. He has not been able to develop coping strategies.”

He added that Mruk’s behaviour was ‘temper and tantrum based’, with a dislike and distrust of police officers.

“Mr Mruk asked for yesterday’s appointment, but took umbrage when the police were there. He thought there would be another social worker.”

The court heard that the incident put Mruk in breach of a suspended sentence, and magistrates decided to send him to prison for six weeks.

They also imposed a six month conditional discharge for his disorderly behaviour and ordered him to pay a £20 victim surcharge.

Two women, aged 19 and 20, arrested on suspicion of public order offences relating to an incident on the street outside, were released under investigation pending further enquiries.