Tenby man took fatal overdose of co-codamol

First published in News

A man from Tenby died four days after taking a fatal overdose of painkillers following the breakdown of his relationship.

An inquest into the death of Mark Walters, of 71 Knowling Mead, heard that he had consumed the majority of a 100 tablet box of co-codamol.

He had said he could not go on when his partner of seven years decided she wanted to end the relationship.

The 49-year-old father-of-two did not tell anyone he had taken the tablets and his family thought he was suffering from a bug.

Dyfed-Powys Police coroner’s officer Jeremy Davies said that over the next few days Mr Walters began to feel more positive, but his behaviour began to worry his family, who thought he might be having a breakdown.

He was admitted to hospital believed to be suffering from mental health problems, but as his condition deteriorated it was discovered he had toxic blood poisoning.

Mr Walters was moved to intensive care, but died on August 28th.

Deputy-coroner Mark Layton said that Mr Walters died of “self administered drug poisoning”.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree