A Milford Haven father of two died of Mesothelioma after coming into contact with asbestos during different jobs in the late 70s.
An inquest at Milford Haven today (Thursday) heard that Philip Johnson, who died aged 60, had had exposure to the hazardous material while working first as a builder and then for the MOD.
He had worked next to carpenters sawing up asbestos board; with asbestos lagging onboard ships and with dust falling from an asbestos roof. He had never been given protective equipment or any training on working with asbestos.
Pembrokeshire Coroner, Mark Layton, read a statement from Mr Johnson’s GP confirming that his patient had died as a result of Mesothelioma.
The coroner returned a verdict of death from industrial disease.