Firefighters offer food for thought following Pembroke Dock kitchen blaze
12:38pm Friday 3rd August 2012 in News
Fire crews made a forced entry to a property in Water Street, Pembroke Dock just after 4am yesterday (Thursday) to tackle a fire caused by food left unattended on a cooker.
Two Pembroke Dock appliances responded after a neighbour reported fire alarms operating, using specialist door entry equipment after they discovered smoke issuing from the property on arrival.
One man was escorted from the lightly smoke logged property, before firefighters found the cause of the fire on further inspection.
Assistant County Commander for Pembrokeshire Dai Swan said: “The successful resolution of this incident highlights the importance of having working smoke alarms fitted in every home. On this occasion it was a neighbour who was able to raise the alarm on hearing the smoke alarms operating.
“Community Safety is a core part of our day to day business and I would urge any members of the public who would like a free home fire safety assessment to contact us on 0800 169 1234”.