Delyth sets off on magical musical journey
2:25pm Monday 6th August 2012 in News
Celtic harpist Delyth Jenkins sets off on a journey of note along the Pembrokeshire Coast Path today (Monday).
Accompanied by her small harp, and inspired by the centuries-old tradition of itinerant musicians, she will be walking the path from north to south, stopping from time to time to play her traditional tunes to people she meets along the way.
Delyth, who lives near Caswell Bay on the Gower, is no stranger to Pembrokeshire as she has been the musical director for previous productions at the Torch Theatre, including A Child’s Christmas in Wales, and she describes the county as her ‘home from home’.
“I’m hoping that on the walk I will be able to play in some wonderful locations, and that it will be an inspiration to me to maybe create some new music,” she said this week. “I also hope that people will be surprised, and hopefully delighted, to hear music in such unexpected places. For some, especially visitors to the area, it might be the first time that they have heard Welsh traditional music.
“This will be a unique opportunity to hear the voice of the harp in some special and glorious settings.”
Delyth's Voice on the Path itinerary:
● Monday, August 6th:arrive St Dogmaels
● Tuesday, August 7th: St Dogmaels to Ceibwr Bay/Moylgrove
● Wednesday, August 8th: Ceibwr Bay/Moylgrove to Newport
● Thursday, August 9th: Newport to Goodwick/Fishguard
● Friday, August 10th: Goodwick/Fishguard to Abermawr
● Saturday, August 11th: Abermawr to Abereiddy
● Sunday, August 12th: Abereiddy to Porthmawr/Whitesands Bay
● Monday, August 13th: Porthmawr/Whitesands Bay to Solva
● Tuesday, August 14th: Solva to Little Haven
● Wednesday, August 15th: Little Haven to Marloes
● Thursday, August 16th: Marloes to Dale
● Friday, August 17th: Dale to Milford Haven
● Saturday, August 18th: Milford Haven to Pembroke
● Sunday, August 19th: Pembroke to Angle
● Monday, August 20th: Angle to Bosherston
● Tuesday, August 21st: Bosherston to Manorbier
● Wednesday, 22nd: Manorbier to Amroth.