New bail arrangements for Bridge Street “siege” accused
5:13pm Monday 8th October 2012 in News
The man accused of last month’s Bridge Street “siege” found himself in custody again last week after his bail arrangements fell through.
Max Kayode Laurence Huntley, formerly of 11A Bridge Street, Hole in the Wall, is charged with committing affray on September 22nd and committing criminal damage, between September 11th and 22nd. The charges follow a 26 hour stand off between police and Huntley in Haverfordwest.
He was jailed for a week after the incident. However last Monday, October 1st, magistrates granted him bail, with one of the conditions being that he resided at his mother’s address in Dinas.
Huntley, aged 25, appeared in front of magistrates via video link from Swansea prison today (Monday).
His solicitor, Mike Reed, told the court that on Thursday it was decided that his mother could not offer that address any more. Huntley voluntarily came to court to say he could not fulfil his bail conditions.
Two alternative bail addresses were offered but neither was thought to be satisfactory by the police and Huntley, who is bi polar and has Asperger’s, epilepsy and ADHD, was remanded to Swansea.
On Monday his solicitor offered another bail address in Letterston. Despite there being no available comment on the suitability of the address from the police, magistrates were advised by prosecutor David Weale to listen to both the prosecution and defence and make a decision.
After a short period of deliberation magistrates told Huntley: “Police would normally have to check out an address where you would live. At the moment we are unable to get in touch with them.”
However, magistrates granted Huntley bail on the condition that he resided at a friend’s address in Letterston, maintained an electronically tagged curfew between 4pm and 9am and did not enter Haverfordwest except to attend medical appointments.