Name: Alex Cunningham
Candidate for: Stockton North
Alex Cunningham has lived in the Stockton and Norton area for 30 years and, with his wife Evaline, has brought up two sons, in the area he aims to represent.
A trained journalist, he worked in newspapers and radio before a career in communications and public relations finishing as national Head of Communications for Transco, the gas pipeline company. Eight years ago he set up his own public relations and web design business.
Alex has served as a Cleveland County or Stockton Borough Councillor for 18 of the last 21 years, and recently stood down as Cabinet Member for Children and Young People leading on among other things the Borough’s £180 million Building Schools for the Future programme.
He is a member of the One North East Regional Development Agency Board and a Non Executive Director of the North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust, responsible for delivering health services and the new hospital.
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- Nick Ainger loses seat to Simon Hart
- Westminster hopefuls answer your questions - South Pembs
- Candidates answer key questions before vote - Preseli Pembs
- Pembrokeshire businesses support Conservative opposition to ‘jobs tax’
- Lib Dem candidate backs party’s tax plans
- Tory big guns back Simon Hart
- Crabb rebuts Labour 'scaremongering' over pensioners
- Canvassers injured on campaign trail
- Stephen Crabb checks his pressure in Fishguard
- Welsh Conservative leader joins Hart’s campaign