TWO events for woodland owners, community woodland groups and other interested parties, providing information, technical support and funding advice is being organised by Pembrokeshire rural networking body PLANED.
The Pembrokeshire Orchards Networking Event will provide an opportunity for networking with potential suppliers, funders, advisers and project partners and support people in getting the most from their woodlands.
The first event tonight (Wednesday) at 6.45pm at Plas Hyfryd, Narberth, will feature a range of stallholders along with free talks and workshops including:
• Llais y Goedwig - support for Community Woodlands from the Llais y Goedwig network, and an overview of the recently completed StarTree Project that supported development and diversification of innovative non-wood forest projects. They have also produced an inventory toolkit to support woodland managers in identifying potential small scale commercial wild forest products.
• Tir Coed- LEAF project - creating opportunities for people to access woodland skills training and recreational woodland activities in West Wales.
• Pembrokeshire Coast National Park- Stitch in Time project - tackling invasive non-native species (INNS)
• Farming Connect - service available to foresters and woodland owners through Farming Connect.
• Coed Cymru - current Coed Cymru projects; current and possible future Welsh Government grants/funding eg. Glastir Woodand Creation and Glastir Small Grants.
• Pembrokeshire Bioenergy - Biomass opportunities and latest update on Renewable Heat Incentive.
All welcome, though places at the event are limited and will be available on a first come, first served basis. Please contact the organiser should you have any queries.
PLANED'S Woodland Event will be held on May 2 at Nantyffin Motel, Llandissilio from 6pm.
This event will provide an opportunity for networking with potential suppliers, funders, advisors and project partners and support you in getting the most from your orchard or business.
If you have any questions please call Steven or Annie on 01834 860965 or email firstname.lastname@example.org