Milford United 0

Hakin United

Hakin United claimed the Joe Lennon Memorial Cup at Marble Hall thanks to goals from Ashley Bevan and James Truman.

Hakin dominated early on with Bevan, skipper Steve Mathias, and Truman all going close. But it wasn't until the 35 minute mark when they took the lead after Michael Williams played a deft through ball to Bevan, and the forward made no mistake has he fired low past Rickard.

The Robins pressed more after the break as Josh Smart saw his shot blocked, before at the other end Williams headed a Mathias cross wide.

Gary Dawes' men then missed a golden chance to go 2-0 when Truman lobbed over from ten yards out. But after Williams headed against the post, Truman did get his goal, sliding in Bevan's cross on 64 minutes.

Seconds later and Bevan nearly made it 3-0 but his volley was tipped onto the bar by Rickard.

The Robins did threaten late on, Smart heading against the bar before substitute Macauley Mckay's neat  flick went narrowly over.

But with centre back Steve Allen adjudged man of the match, The Vikings closed the game out to gain revenge for last season's shoot out defeat against The Robins.

Afterwards, Bill Carne paid tribute to Joe Lennon and tournament organiser Stuart MacDonald thanked sponsors South Hook LNG and Lannock Associates.

The man of the match award was sponsored by Milford Athletic manager Eric Alston. Hakin skipper Mathias received the trophy from Joe's grandson, Dylan.

Milford United: Jason Rickard, Chris Davies, James McCarthy, William Goodall, Bradley Cristofaro, Dan Jenkins, Ryan Mansell, Josh Smart, Scott Griffiths, Joff Lennon, Chris Thompson. Subs (all used): Jason Hicks, Ryan Wilson, Luke Ryan, Macaulay Mckay.

Hakin United: Adrian Devonald, Steve Allen, Ewan Findlay, Kieran Rendall, Nathan Banner, Scott Davies, Ashley Bevan, Michael Williams, James Truman, Paul Jenkins, Steve Mathias. Subs (both used): Luke Hart, Andrew Kingston.

Referee: Alan Boswell.

Assistant referees: Gareth Elliot, Steve Badham.

Fourth official: Roy Boswell.