TENBY’S coastguard is warning of the dangers posed by leaving disposable barbecues on the beach, following a callout yesterday afternoon.

Posting on Facebook, on May 22, HM Coastguard Tenby wrote: “Tenby Coastguard Rescue team were paged at 5.40pm to assist with a medical evacuation from North Beach in Tenby.

“The casualty had sustained burns to their feet whilst on the beach. The casualty was located in Castle Square and provided with first aid assistance. The casualty’s family then transported them to West Wales General Hospital for further medical care.

“Please dispose of B-B-Q safely when at the beach.”