A VAN was engulfed in flames on Pembroke Road south of Haverfordwest at the end of the year.

It is not known how the vehicle came to be on fire, but by 10:45pm on Saturday, December 30, Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue were at the scene near to the Slate Centre, Freystrop.

Western Telegraph reader Mohammad Shabzz was passing by the fire at 11pm and took a video as firefighters worked to extinguish the blaze (WARNING: Video contains strong language).

The video shows the van become completely engulfed in flames, which begin at its bonnet and quickly spread to cover the whole vehicle, spreading ash and embers across the nearby road.

A crew of firefighters are then seen readying a hose reel and begin using it to extinguish the blaze from a safe distance.

A spokesperson for Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue said: “Haverfordwest crew attended an incident of a private motor vehicle on fire at 10:41pm, which was well-alight on arrival.

“One hose reel was used as well as the main hose and breathing apparatus.”

The fire service spokesperson said police were also in attendance and the fire crew handed the remains of the vehicle over to them to deal with once it was extinguished.