Division Three West A:

Neyland 31-3 St Davids

Two tries from Jonathan Lloyd helped Neyland recover from a slow start to notch a comfortable bonus point win over St Davids.

The All Blacks led 10-3 at the break after tries from winger Lloyd and flanker Iestyn Evans, and crossed three more times thereafter through centre George Williams, No 8 Scott Buirds and then Lloyd again.

It was the visitors who kicked off with the slope and wind in their favour, and after Matty Mcleod was off target with a long range penalty, the No 10 made no mistake with a second attempt from close range after the All Blacks had been penalised for offside in midfield.

But Neyland responded as player coach Martin’s clever pass set hooker Kyle Hamer off down the right wing, but he was denied by a scrambling Saints defence.

Moments later the All Blacks were ahead though, as a charge from second row Luke Dawes set up the platform from which a long miss pass from outside half Martin put Lloyd over in the corner.

And just before the break the home side had their second try through a combined back row effort – as No 8 Buirds broke several tackles on a run into the 22 before off-loading to flanker Ben Williams, and although he was dragged down short, a third back rower in Evans was on hand to dive over.

The try of the game came early in the second half with an individual effort from centre George Williams, who broke clear on half way before cutting inside two tackles to go under the posts.

Martin converted and then added the extras again as The All Blacks then sealed a bonus point with Buirds again the instigator, powering through in midfield and setting up a try for Dawes.

The Saints did have the ascendancy in the scrum and tried to respond as winger Gavin Smith broke into the 22 but it his off-load failed to go to hand – and then a close range line-out went to waste after centre Scott James had kicked a penalty into the corner.

Neyland went close again themselves as replacement scrum half Mark Riley executed a clever chip kick that just ran into touch with Dan Goodridge chasing – before the home side lost skipper Mark James to a yellow card for not retreating from a quick penalty.

 The Saints also went down to 14 as replacement Josh Hicks, on permit from Llangwm, was sin binned following a scuffle, and it prompted an unsavoury confrontation on the side-line as he left the field.

Thankfully it was the rugby that had the final word as a break and pop pass from Dawes set up Lloyd to score from close range, and Riley drop kicked the conversion as Martin’s men completed a sixth league win of the season.

Neyland: Chris Morgan, Benn Goodridge, Alex Codd, George Williams , Jonathan Lloyd, Steve Martin, Andrew Slark, Richard Jones, Kyle Hamer, Jimmy Buirds, Mark James (capt), Luke Dawes, Ben Williams, Iestyn Evans, Scott Buirds. Replacements: Mark Riley, Craig Power, Ryan Hill, Dan Goodridge.

St Davids: Rhys Morgan, Luke Brooks, Scott James, Moritz Neumann, Gavin Smith, Matty Mcleod, Harvey Godkin, Will Davies, Noel Lyons, Dan Murphy, Rhys Price (capt), Gethin Bateman, Andrew Groves, Scott Riches, Anthony Davies. Replacements: Ben Evans, Josh Hicks, Tanapon Phumkhonsan, Dafydd Williams, Tommy Reynolds.