Pembroke County Cricket Club Division 2:

Cresselly 2nds (220-9) lost to Llechryd (224-5) by 5 wickets

A high scoring affair at Cresselly went the way of league leaders Llechryd as 69 not out from Rhys Beard guided them to another vital win.

The Doves had made 220-9 from their 40 overs, but on a day made for scoring runs it was a gettable target for the visitors and they got the job done with more than three overs to spare.

After being asked to bat, Cresselly were given a quick start from Scott Arthur, who banged four boundaries before falling to Beard for 19, and fellow opener Richard Harries went on to hit seven fours before he was trapped in front by Peter Betteley for 36.

But the real impetus came from No 4 Iwan Izzard and No 5 Julian Arthur.

Izzard crashed four fours and three sixes in his knock of 75, while 46 of Arthur’s total of 57 came in boundaries as he hit ten fours and a maximum.

Both fell to John Curran though as the all rounder took 3-55 in his 12 overs, while namesake Steve finished with 2-35, Betteley 1-35, and Beard 3-43.

Cresselly then shot themselves in the foot, twice, by dropping Llechryd openers John Curran and James Betteley within the first two overs - and the pair made them pay by putting on 71 before the latter fell to Harries for 26.

The same bowler then removed Curran after he’d hammered eight fours to reach 47 and when Joe Mansfield (6) fell to Arthur, the visitors were 107-3 and the game was in the balance.

But Beard and Graham Keen steadied matters with a partnership of 90, Keen making 34 (four fours and a six) and Beard pushed his way past 50, eventually finishing up with seven fours and three sixes to his name.

He was joined at the end by Andrew Fletcher (2 not out) as Llechryd’s promotion bid remained on track, while Harries finished with 2-43 in vain for Cresselly, Charlie Arthur 1-38, Stefan Jenkins 1-25 and Julian Arthur 1-41.

Haverfordwest 2nds (113 all out) lost to Narberth (267-0) by 154 runs

There won’t have been many opening partnerships in Pembrokeshire cricket bigger than this one.

Had Luff and Richie Adams were the Narberth heroes at The Racecourse as they put on an unbeaten stand of 267 to set up a 30 point win against Haverfordwest 2nds.

Away captain Davy Johns opted to the bat and it paid dividends, with Luff cracking 129 not out (14 fours and a six) while Adams was unbeaten on 116 (10 fours).

There were also 22 extras with long spells in the heat without reward for Town bowlers Teo Krul (0-53), Josh Wilment (0-55), James Marchant (0-83), and Matthew Vaughan (0-64).

The home side were then all out for 113 in less than 32 overs. Opener Doug Johnson went for 21 (three fours), and there were good knocks for James Marchant (29 – five fours) and John Tooze (32 - four fours) – but wickets fell regularly as Loui Davies led the way for Narberth with 4-29 in 8.2 overs.

Mike Reekie also span his way to 3-29, and Ben Quartermaine (2-23) and Matthew Johns (1-10) helped finish the job.

Hook (210-8) drew with Kilgetty (234-9)

Hook held on for a draw against Kilgetty after 84 from Kyle Marsh had put the away side in control.

Marsh helped his side to 234-9, and Toby Poole was also in fine form as he made 51.

For the hosts, there was a fine spell of Brennan Martin (5-50) while Callum James (2-58) and Matthew Holder (1-35) also took wickets.

Kilgetty then pushed for a 30 point win as Robbie Beynon took 4-65, but their charge was held up mainly by Aled Phelps, who made 60, while there were also runs for Martin (46), Craig Nutty (39), and a vital 19 not out from Dave Watkins.

Levi Hughes (2-45), Ollie Gamble (1-44) and Poole (1-54) also had wickets for Kilgetty but they fell short of a 30 point win.

Pembroke (78-1) beat Johnston (74 all out) by 9 wickets

Rob Smythe took a five wicket haul as Pembroke comfortably put away Johnston at Treleet.

The visitors, who came into the game on the back of two winning draws, were shot out for 74 before Paul White blasted 40 not out to secure a quick win for the hosts.

Put into bat, Johnston had an awful start as they fell to 3-4, Smythe wreaking havoc by removing Steve James (0), Geno Cleal (1), Liam James (0) and Nick Davies (0).

It was left to Josh Hicks to rescue matters somewhat, cracking five fours, a six (and a ‘five’) in his 42, but John Summons (8), Keegan Codd (14), and Emma Summons (3 not out) were the only others to get off the mark.

Smythe went on to finish with 5-24 in 12 overs, Sam Davies 2-18, Jonathan Rogers 1-25 and Phil Hay 2-4.

White and Andrew Hay took matters to 46-0 before Liam James trapped Hay lbw for 17 – but White went on to stroke seven boundaries and Phil Hay (15 not out) joined him in finishing the job in just 18 overs.

Pembroke Dock (252-8) beat Carew 2nds (195 all out) by 57 runs

Pembroke Dock are now all but certain of Division Two cricket again next year after Billy Wood took the final wicket of their win over Carew – with just nine balls to spare.

The Dock were put into bat at Imble Lane and with the outfield lightning quick as per usual, piled on 252-9.

A host of batsmen made contributions, with opener Archie Hillier-Wood hitting seven fours in his 46 while partner Luke Murray made 18, and No 3 Scott Griffiths reached 35 (five fours) before being run out.

There were four fours and three sixes for Wood in his quickfire 44 and Pete Kingdom cracked five fours and a maximum as he made 45, and Thomas Grimwood (23) and Jamie White (16) both helped push the score past 250.

For Carew, there was an eventful 12 overs from Barry Evans as he finished with 4-87, while Iori Hicks (2-52) and Kerry Water (1-48) also had wickets.

Skipper Scott Richards then tried to give his side a quick start in their reply as 24 of his 28 runs came in boundaries but it was John Camani who put the Dock in control, removing him, Ian Sefton (4), Robbie Hicks (23) and Dai Rees (19) on route to figures of 4-46 in 12 overs.

Jacob Knox hit five fours though before being run out for 34, while Morgan Grieve (25), and Iori Hicks (20) all gave The Rooks hope of salvaging a draw.

But Niall Brunton took 2-43 and then in the 44th over, it was skipper Craig Brunton who took a diving catch to remove Rhys Grigg (20) to give Wood 3-51, and his side 30 points as they continue to climb the table.