Division 1: Hakin United 3-0 Clarbeston Road

Hakin United eased to a comfortable three-goal victory over Clarbeston Road at The Obs.

Vikings boss Scott Davies would have been pleased with his side’s performance, and also happy they kept a clean sheet.

The Vikings have now moved up to second in the table, just three points behind leaders Monkton Swifts who they hammered 6-1 last week.

The hosts opened the scoring in the 10th minute when skipper Ashley Bevan’s far post header hit the back of the net from a Camron Thomas corner.

Leon Luby had a good game for the hosts raiding down the right wing at every opportunity and putting in dangerous crosses which Bevan and Shane Walsh failed to convert.

Clarby had a strong penalty appeal turned down as Ben ‘Rocky’ John looked to have been clipped inside the box by Vikings’ keeper Martin Langdon.

Five minutes after the break and The Vikings added their second goal, once again Luby assisted with a fine cross and Camron Thomas ghosted in at the far post and struck a powerful shot past David Pepper and into roof of net.

The Vikings dominated possession and territory, but the visitors were given a lifeline when Jonathan Fawcett tangled with Ben John inside the box. A penalty was given which Langdon saved brilliantly, diving to his left to deny Richard Bevan.

On 80 minutes substitute Nicky Woodrow, returning from lengthy injury lay off ran through and buried his shot at the near post.

Pepper pulled off a superb late save to deny Ewan Findlay with a powerful diving header, and in the last-minute Matthew Davies rattled the bar from a direct free kick, as The Vikings deservedly picked up their seventh win of the season.

Hakin United: Martin Langdon, Leon Luby, Ewan Findlay, Jonathan Fawcett, Jay Power, Craig Nicholson, Justin Harding, Ben Aldred, Ashley Bevan (Captain), Shane Walsh, Camron Thomas. Subs: Garin Gardner, Ryan Wilson, Nicky Woodrow.

Clarbeston Road: David Pepper, Rheinallt George (Captain), Matthew Griffiths, Matthew Ellis, Dan Rees, Matthew Davies, Josh Wood, Emyr Griffiths, Ben John, Richard Bevan, Charlie George. Subs: Keegan Summers.

Referee: Huw George.