Relief was the word surrounding the Ogi Bridge Meadow Stadium after Haverfordwest County won 2-1 against Cymru Premier basement club Cefn Druids.

Before the game, the Druids had just one point all season and were the only team underneath the Bluebirds in the league table.

The away side scored with their only major chance of the game, as Emmanuel Agyemang scrambled the ball narrowly over the line on the half-hour mark, despite the best efforts of captain Dylan Rees.

After many, many chances, the Bluebirds finally equalised late on when Kieran Lewis' corner was flicked on by Rees to Wilson who nodded home from inside the six-yard box.

The game stayed exciting late on, as only moments later, the visitors were reduced to ten men when Niall Flint was shown his second yellow card by referee Huw Jones.

But the ultimate excitement waited until the stroke of 90 minutes, when Jack Wilson twisted and turned around the shattered Druids defence to slot home the winner and slide away in jubilant celebration as the comeback was completed.

The Bluebirds will be very frustrated they couldn't open the scoring in the first half through their numerous chances.

There was a lot of head shaking from Wayne Jones throughout the first period, with many crosses narrowly missing players and final balls not coming off.

Lewis was at the centre of things, as he had the best chance of the half, when his soft 20-yard pass towards goal beat Ryan Neild in the Druids goal, but ended up just wide of the post.

Lewis also had a chance when Ben Fawcett's blocked shot ended up at the feet of the midfielder, who also saw his shot blocked. The resulting corner saw Iori Humphreys head wide.

The two linked up late into the first half too, when Lewis' aimed throughball to Fawcett was perfectly placed, but the Druids powerful defence was enough to overpower the number nine.

Jack Wilson also saw his venomous shot blocked, and early on he almost scored from an attempted cross which Neild had to palm away from dropping in.

The Bluebirds still looked in control early in the second half despite limited chances, before Danny Williams almost equalised by narrowly heading over the bar from Elliot Scotcher's free kick.

It was only moments later when Scotcher was awarded another free kick attempt, but Wayne Jones and co were furious that it was not a penalty when Ricky Watts was challenged by Agyemang.

The subsequent free kick from Scotcher struck the bar and went behind for a goal kick.

County kept piling on the pressure, as Fawcett ran down the right hand side, before his cross was palmed away by Neild just in the nick of time to stop Williams from certainly scoring a tap in.

Fawcett continued to get involved, and had arguably the game's greatest chance, when Scotcher's cross found him and his tight-angled shot went inches wide of the far post.

The Bluebirds finally got their much-deserved equaliser, and continued to push forward for the winner, Fawcett again involved as his cross narrowly missed Williams' head.

But it was only moments later when Wilson slotted home the winner, as Wayne Jones ran down the sidelines, expressing his relief.

It's Cardiff Metropolitan up next for the Bluebirds on Tuesday night in the League Cup, before a return to league action on Saturday against Newtown.

HAVERFORDWEST COUNTY: Idzi, Scotcher, Jones, Watts, Fawcett, Wilson, D Rees (c), K Rees, Lewis (King 90+3'), Jones-Thomas (Humphreys 5'), Williams

Unused subs: Le-Grice, Richards, Davies

CEFN DRUIDS: Neild, Buckley, Edwards (c), Mooney, Vieira (Farnsworth 69'), Flint, Baio, Faux (Ben Wynne 79'), Agyemang (Davidson 85'), Cabral, Edge

Unused subs: Jones, Harry