HEAD coach and director of rugby at Narberth RFC, Sean Gale, was delighted with his team's performance, especially four try supremo George Macdonald, as the Otters held off revenge and got another win over Trebanos.

Speaking after the game Gale said: "I was made very welcome by the players and especially the supporters at the Lewis Lloyd Ground way back in 2005 and I am still here.

"It is one of the reasons why I have stayed so long; plus the fact that we have managed to keep doing well, despite some of the so-called bigger clubs having a much bigger budget."

Sean was blown away with the performance his first team produced as they won 43-12.

The week before they played Trebanos at The Lewis Lloyd ground in the centre of Narberth Town and won, so he was expecting a backlash at the rematch in the Swansea valley.

At first it looked as though Trebanos were going to rule the day. Within three minutes a quick break on the wing saw Trebanos score a try by their outside half which was quickly converted by him.

Not to be outdone at the restart Otters gained possession and Guto Davies crossed the line under the posts leaving the ever reliable Nick Gale, Son of Sean, to convert.

The otters were now in the ascendency but Trebanos kept up the pressure and were awarded a penalty outside the 22 metre line but the kick drifted to the right of the posts.

Another Trebanos penalty kick 4 or 5 metres inside the Otters half also drifted to the right.

Twenty minutes into the first half drizzle affected the handling for both sides and unfortunately in the slippery conditions one of the Trebanos props sustained an injury.

Trebanos did not have a front row replacement so the game continued with uncontested scrums. After the injury stoppage George Macdonald pounced on the ball passing to Steff Phillips to score, converted by Nick Gale. Score 7-17.

Narberth kept up their relentless pressure and George Macdonald was rewarded with a try to the left of the posts which reliable Nick Gale converted .

The second half continued in a similar vein finishing up with a final score of 12-43.

In the post-match summary Coach Sean Gale commented on his new “diamond” George Macdonald, who scored four tries, and the superb commitment of his other strong team members in the back row – Steff Phillips, Guto Davies, and Richie Rees the captain.

He was also full of praise for Ryan Banner and Rees Williams. In his view the control of the forwards was good and the defensive sets followed the drills so meticulously practised in all their mid-week training sessions.

The WRU has published dates for the second round of the WRU Championship Cup but at the time of gong to press Team fixture dates/venues are not defined but the first set of games will take place on 9th October. Watch this space for more details.

Further results at the weekend:

There was only one game played this weekend in district H1 of the WRU Plate with Crymych beating Whitland 25-5.

In the WRU Bowl, Llangwm were unable to score a single point as they suffered a heavy defeat to Haverfordwest. The Blues run out 53-0 winners with Jake Morgan scoring two tries.

St Davids lost at home to Neyland with the Saints only managing to get a single penalty on the board in the game. Neyland on the other hand scored five tries as they won 27-3.

Pembroke Dock Harlequins' home tie against Cardigan was postponed and will be played next Saturday, September 25.