Division 1: Merlins Bridge 3-2 Goodwick United

Merlins Bridge came from two goals down to pick up a vital victory over Goodwick United in a five-goal salvo at The Racecourse.

Jonny Horgan and Jordan Griffiths struck for the visitors; but Dai Davies pulled one back as The Wizards trailed 1-2 at half time.

But the Wizards refused to be beaten and Joe Leahy equalised and then stunned The Phoenix Boys as the striker also bagged a late winner.

This crucial win keeps The Wizards in the mix for the title after they slipped to a disappointing defeat at Carew last week. This defeat was only their second of the season was a set-back for Goodwick United as they slipped down to third.

The visitors controlled the first half and deservedly took the lead on the 25-minute mark, Horgan cut in off the wing and struck a low shot in the far corner.

Ten minutes later and Griffiths doubled the lead, the striker finishing low to keeper James Dickson’s right.

Just before the break and Davies came alive in the box as a free kick bobbled in the area and the midfielder struck.

On the hour mark and Leahy equalised, after playing clever one-two with Adam Hawkins before the striker slotted into the far corner past James Gwilt.

Two minutes from full time and The Wizards bagged a dramatic late winner as Leahy turned inside the box and struck a low shot which squeezed in at the near post past Gwilt.

“I’m delighted the boys showed an excellent attitude to come from behind and give us such an important win,” said Merlins Bridge manager Simon Thomas.

Goodwick manager Wayne O’Sullivan said: “Really disappointed we lost. We controlled the first half and should have led by three or four. It’s so important to take your chances and today we didn’t, and they did.”

Merlins Bridge: James Dickson, Gethin Roberts, Andrew John, Peter Thomas, Simon Gilderdale, David Davies, Will Haworth, Luke Hayward, Adam Hawkins, Joe Leahy, Lee Hudgell. Subs: Leon Pemberthy, Matthew Davies, Ben Davies

Goodwick United: James Gwilt, Steff Hayes, Llyr Tobin, Jordan Thomas, Scott Delaney, Matty Delaney, Ben Adams, Kieran O’Brien, Rhys Dalling, Jordan Griffiths, Jonny Horgan. Subs: Steff Williams, Jake Smith, James Bryan.

Referee: David Barker.