A SUPERB last-gasp leveller from Rhys Abruzzese snatched a point for Haverfordwest County in a 1-1 draw against Caernarfon Town at the Ogi Bridge Meadow Stadium.

Abruzzese’s 96th minute free kick into the top corner sparked scenes of jubilation, but manager Tony Pennock said he was far from impressed by his team's performance.

The Bluebirds are still looking for their first league win after three matches, and Pennock said he felt his side had 'got out of jail' to claim their second draw of the season.

"I thought we were horrendous today, I think that is the worst performance since I've been here, there's not much more I can say on that," said Pennock after the game.

"Abruzzese has got us out of jail and got us a point, but we were very, very poor today, and they know it. They knew it at half-time and nothing changed in the second half.

"All I asked was for the boys to do the basics and do them well, and we just can't seem to do the basics at the minute. I felt our decision-making in the final third was awful.

"It's a tough league and you need to do the basics. Defensively it was so bad, we've come away from defending so well in Europe to looking like we haven't played together."

Looking to bounce back from their 2-0 defeat at Penybont, the Bluebirds brought in Ricky Watts for the injured Jack Wilson as they looked to end Caernarfon's perfect record.

The Bluebirds survived an early scare when Iwan Cartwright's far post effort from Sion Bradley’s corner hit the bar and the ball was eventually cleared by the home defence.

Louis Lloyd, a recent signing from Wrexham, also got on the end of a Darren Thomas cross at the far post but the ball was deflected off the line and into Zac Jones’ hands.

Lloyd then got on the end of a Ben Wynne throw into the penalty area and took the ball around the advancing Jones, but his goalbound effort was cleared from six yards.

The Bluebirds thought they had gone ahead in the 27th minute when Ben Fawcett beat keeper Lewis Webb from close range, but the referee’s assistant deemed him offside.

And on 39 minutes Martell Taylor-Crossdale was brought down by Ryan Austin just inside the area, but Webb pulled off an excellent stop to deny him from the penalty spot.

At the other end, Sion Bradley's dangerous ball across goal evaded everyone inside the box, and then captain Darren Thomas saw a decent strike palmed away for a corner.

The hosts had chances after the break with Fawcett firing over, Kai Whitmore seeing his shot blocked and Lee Jenkins’ far post header was gathered by goalkeeper Webb.

Haverfordwest captain Tobone saw a strike deflected for a corner, but the breakthough arrived on 77 minutes when the Bluebirds failed to clear a corner from Bradley.

The ball found its way out to Ben Wynne, and Louis Lloyd was on hand to score with a looping header over keeper Zac Jones - and it remained 1-0 until the 96th minute.

Taking a free kick from 25 yards out, Abbruzzese got his side 'out of jail' when he fired an excellent strike into the top right corner of Webb’s net to salvage a point at the death.

HAVERFORDWEST: Zac Jones, Ricky Watts (Harri John 81), Luke Tabone (captain), Lee Jenkins, Oscar Borg, Rhys Abbruzzese, Tyrese Owen, Kai Whitmore, Ben Fawcett, Daniel Hawkins, Martell Taylor-Crossdale. Substitutes not used: Ifan Knott, Kayden Williams-Lowe, Iori Humphreys, Lucas Davies, Seth Woodhouse.

CAERNARFON: Lewis Webb, Iwan Cartwright, Ryan Austin, Sion Bradley, Daniel Gosset (68’ Ben Maher), Darren Thomas (Captain) (84’ Robert Hughes), Marc Williams, Ben Wynne, Zack Clarke, Louis Lloyd (88’ Josef Faux), Phillip Mooney. Substitutes not used: Ryan Woods, Harry Hughes, Huw Morris.