Striker Martell Taylor-Crossdale says Haverfordwest County are looking to build on their first win after hitting back to beat Colwyn Bay 2-1 in the Cymru Premier on Saturday.

After falling behind to Matthew Hill's goal, Kai Whitmore levelled for the Bluebirds, and with just minutes to go Taylor-Crossdale secured their first league win of the season.

The 23 year-old striker will be delighted to have opened his account for Tony Pennock's men who will be looking to maintain momentum at home to Newtown on Saturday,

“We gave ourselves a mountain to climb, but it’s good," said match-winner Taylor-Crossdale. "It’s good that we showed that resilience and that fight to come back.

"We know as a team that we can do a lot better, but it’s good to get off the mark. Now it’s all about kicking on and getting three points again next time that we play.”

“We created a lot of chances, it’s just about how are we going to turn them into goals, and we all know that. That’s one of our targets, because we know we can create.

"It’s just about putting it back in the back of the net. For me personally, I know I can do a lot more, but I’m just glad to get the first goal and now it’s about kicking on.

“It was a great experience playing in Europe showing what we can do against massive teams, but that’s been and gone now. We’ve just got to focus on the league."

Iori Humphreys and Harri John came into the starting side - with captain Ricky Watts getting married and Ben Fawcett starting on the bench - and it was a promising start.

Whitmore saw an early strike clear the crossbar, and provided a dangerous ball across goal, before the Bluebirds twice hit the woodword towards the end of the half.

Rhys Abbruzzese’s shot was blocked into the path of John, whose first-time half-volley came back off the bar, and a minute later Whitmore's shot also hit the right post.

It was the hosts who made the breakthrough in the second half, however, when a long pass upfield was headed into the path of Hill and he beat Zac Jones to find the net.

Jack Wilson, Fawcett and then Kayden Williams-Lowe all came on for the Bluebirds, and with 20 minutes to go Wilson picked out Whitmore at the back post to divert home.

It was a tense finish, but within a matter of minutes remaining,Taylor-Crossdale saw an effort blocked from Abbruzzese's corner but was able to poke home the rebound.

Never-say-die Haverfordwest are earning a reputation for scoring late goals, and with their first win on the board, they will look to push on against Newtown on Saturday.

COLWYN BAY: Brooks, Downes, Hart, Edwards, DM Jones (Allshorn 67), Williams (Owen 46), Turner, Rushton (McCready 79), Cumming, Marsh-Hughes (Creamer 46). Subs not used: DR Jones.

HAVERFORDWERST: Jones, Humphreys (Wilson 60′), Jenkins, Tabone (C), Borg, Abbruzzese, Owen, Whitmore, H. John (Williams-Lowe 66′), Hawkins (Fawcett 60′), Taylor-Crossdale (D. John 89′) Substitutes not used: Knott, Davies, Woodhouse.

Attendance: 740.