A large crowd at the Lewis Lloyd Ground saw another highly entertaining match, with the Otters scoring nine tries on the day and making it nine wins out of nine in an excellent start to the season.

Within the first minute a turnover at the breakdown saw the ball spun wide and centre Ilan Phillips dived over to score a try in the corner (5-0). Straight from the kick off the ball was moved wide again. Captain Tom Powell, making his 100th league appearance for the Otters, kicked ahead and the ball was gathered by wing Dean James. He raced downfield only to be tackled inches short of the line, but he was able to pop the ball up to the supporting Powell who dived over for a try converted by fly half Ianto Griffiths (12-0).

Ystalyfera struck back when a kick to the corner found their left wing who side stepped the Otters full back and scored wide out (12-5).

For the next fifteen minutes the visitors upped their game and with some lost throws at lineouts the Otters were starved of possession and territory. However, Narberth soon got back on track when a catch and drive at a lineout close to the visitors’ line saw centre Hedd Nicholas dive over to score a try converted by Griffiths (19-5). Ten minutes later the Otters got their bonus point try when scrum half Lewys Gibby dashed downfield from a scrum. When tackled, the move was carried on by Powell and No.8 Roy Osborn and once again the ball reached centre Phillips to dive over in the corner for an excellent try (24-5). That brought up the halftime whistle.

Five minutes into the second half, Prop George Rossiter broke away from a driving maul and scored an unconverted try in the clubhouse corner (29-5). A break down the blindside of a scrum by Nicholas then saw Powell run in for his second try converted by Griffiths (36-5).

More tries came at regular intervals with Osborn scoring from a scrum five metres out converted by replacement fly half Jonathan Rogers (43-5); a ninety-metre breakout initiated by full back Geraint Llewellyn eventually saw wing Dean James collect a cross field kick from Rogers and score a try converted by Rogers (50-5). Then Llewellyn ran in a try of his own converted by Rogers to bring up the final score of 57-5 which completed a very successful afternoon for the Otters who at the moment are thrilling a vast number of supporters.