Lewis Gibby scored four tries as Narberth RFC outpointed Ystalyfera RFC 67-7 on away ground last Saturday to guarantee promotion to the Premier Division.

Narberth will play in the Premier Division next season for the first time in the clubs’ history thanks to a superb performance which also saw points scored by Dean James, Rhys Harris, Jonathan Rogers, Ilan Phillips and Ianto Griffiths.

Within twenty minutes, the Otters led 24-0 and their dominance was kickstarted by an early move involving wing James and centre Phillips who received an inside pass to set up Gibby for his first try.

Five minutes later Rogers broke free and passed the ball to Gibby who swerved past a couple of defenders to score again before James regained possession and crossed the line for another unconverted try.

Then, it was Harris’ turn to get on the scoresheet when a play started by flanker Rhys Williams and James moved the ball to the other side of the field in quick succession for a try.

Ystalyfera’s only points came from a try by William Kaden Davies and then a conversion by Cellan Carter-Jones which initially lowered the deficit to 7-24.

However, Narberth regained their momentum straight from the kick off when Phillips saw a gap in the defence and ran through for another unconverted try.

This was prior to a dropped pass by the home team scrum close to the Otters try line was gathered by Gibby who ran a full 80 metres down the touchline to score his third try converted by Rogers.

And before the end of half-time, a sloppy kick by Ystalyfera full back allowed James to sprint down the wing, pass inside to Phillips for another try converted by Rogers to make the score 7-43 in Narberth’s favour.

Five minutes into the second half, Gibby was assisted by Phillips to score his fourth try of the game and then Narberth made several changes, including the reintroduction of Ashley Sutton who made his return following a lengthy injury.

The penultimate try was birthed from a scrum five metres from the home team’s line which saw the ball moved swiftly to wing Harris who went over in the corner for a further try, this time converted by Ianto Griffiths.

Harris then finished the match with two more unconverted tries to bring the final score to 7-67.