The Otters' final away game of the season saw them come away with max points.

The showdown was held against Maesteg Quins. Quins started well and kept Narberth pinned to their 22m line but were unable to capitalise.

Narberth's initial control over the game saw scrum half Lewys Gibby gather the loose ball from a lineout and score a try beneath the posts after a 30m run.

Fly-half Jonathan Rogers added the extras for a 0-7 score.

Increasing their control, the Otters battled with Quins' stubborn defence.

During a scrum, centre Aled Rees identified a gap in the Quins' line of defence.

Upon racing downfield, he passed the ball to Gibby, who plunged beneath the posts for a second try, again converted by Rogers.

On a sour note, immediately after kick-off, the Otters were found infringing at the breakdown, causing Quins' full back to slot over the three penalty points, for a 3-14 score.

However, this did not detract the Otters from extending their lead.

Within moments, a kick by Rogers met Josh Evans, the right wing.

Evading his Quins' counterpart, he crossed for another try for the Otters, converted yet again by Rogers.

Gibby quickly took a penalty after a scrum infringement, which saw left wing Dean James breaking the Quins' defence.

He then passed to supporting flanker Guto Davies who scored yet another try, converted by Rogers.

Quins' fly-half got a try which was converted by the fullback. This was the last scoring incident of the first half with Narberth taking a lead of 10-28.

Following the break, the Quins returned to the field a determined side.

Despite the dampening and windy conditions, Rees was able to manoeuvre another breakthrough, scoring a try under the posts.

Yet once more, Rogers was there for the conversion.

The match reporting ended with Narberth taking a comfortable victory of 10 - 35.

Unfortunately, during the final minutes of the match, wing Dean James suffered a severe leg injury after a powerful run and subsequent tackle downfield.

The club confirmed his injury as a broken ankle.

The club and members extend sincere wishes for his speedy recovery.

Looking forward, the Otters are positively anticipating home advantage in the upcoming match against Bonymaen.

A victory is crucial in retaining their position at the top of the Division.