Twenty-ish things that show you are from Pembrokeshire
Updated 4:40pm Thursday 3rd July 2014 in News
We all love Pembrokeshire and know that it’s a wonderful place to live, with some colourful characters.
So, just for a bit of fun, we came up with twenty-ish things that show you must be from Pembrokeshire.
Got any others (keep them clean, please)?
Feel free to add them in the comments below.
• You inadvertently squeak with excitement when you get 3G.
• You will fight about whether Clynderwen has a 'y' or a 'u'.
• Any letter addressed to ‘Dyfed’ prompts fury.
• You know some people by their farm name, not surname.
• Looking at every other beach in the world and thinking ‘ours are better’.
• Nothing annoys you more than the TV weather presenter standing in front of west Wales.
• Every traffic jam being blamed on ‘grockles’.
• Being horrified at having to pay more than 30p for car parking.
• Still being in awe of the fact that we have a Marks & Spencer. And a Next!
• When you were 16 you worked at a theme park.
• Giggling when Derek mentions the Pembrokeshire dangler.
• Knowing what ‘kift’ means and what ‘manny-gannys’ and ‘pennysows’ are.
• Begrudging the 75p Cleddau Bridge toll EVERY time.
• Saying Bryn Parry-Jones is paid too much (and more than the PM)
• Telling people that Batman is from Haverfordwest, because he is.
• Talking to someone for the first time and they say “Ooh I know your mum/dad/gran”.
• You hear one rumour a month about a KFC opening.
• Explaining where you live by saying ‘have you heard of Tenby?’
• Being related to someone who works at an oil refinery.
• You know who the ‘long necks’ and ‘fish heads’ are.
• You hate the fact that things never change but love the fact that things never change.