Flooding latest around Pembrokeshire
Updated 11:32am Saturday 1st February 2014 in News
This live event has finished
- Newgale road closed again as water comes through defences.
- Flooding reported at Commons, Pembroke.
- Carew Bridge closed by flood water.
We are going to leave the live event there for now. Any major developments will be reported as usual on the Western Telegraph website.
Off Little Haven #pembrokeshire http://t.co/s7Npz8DqNV— @Marc_Tierney 01 February 2014
RT @Pembrokeshire: The Cleddau Bridge in Pembrokeshire is currently CLOSED to HIGH SIDED VEHICLES http://t.co/3fHU66UY3F— @DyfedPowys 01 February 2014
9am update from Pembrokeshire County Council:
· The A487 at Newgale remains closed until clearance work of sea front road is complete. This is not expected to be until late morning. It is the only highway in the County to still be closed. Stones reported on road towards Pebbles Cafe in Newgale where The Duke of Edinburgh public house has reported some flooding. Motorists are advised to heed the ‘Road Closed’ warnings.
· The Commons Road, Pembroke, has re-opened.
· Gelliswick, Milford Haven: debris being cleared along the seafront road
· Broad Haven: pebbles have gone onto Enfield Road. Sweeper being deployed
· Lower Town Fishguard: All cleared. No flooding reported.
· Solva: No impact reported.
· Amroth: Clear-up of pebbles is almost complete
· Wisemans Bridge: passable with care but clean up is due to be undertaken this morning
Road at Newgale still closed. Hope to clear by late morning— @Pembrokeshire 01 February 2014
Debris strewn across the road at Gelliswick, Council crews starting to clear up now. http://t.co/zhWUJ1GVX4— @Pembrokeshire 01 February 2014
The road to Nolton has suffered again, not as bad as a few weeks ago thankfully. http://t.co/KRExkfzozk— @Pembrokeshire 01 February 2014
Update from Pembrokeshire County Council 8.30am: ·
The A4075 at Carew Bridge has re-opened.
· Water has receded around Haverfordwest. Sweeper clearing small amount of debris on roads around river. Pumping operation at one premises has stopped and property now being cleaned.
· Once water has receded from road at Newgale, the situation will be assessed and will hopefully re-open shortly.
· Wern Road at Goodwick flooded.
· Water over the car park in Fishguard but no significant issues at present. Representatives from several agencies all in attendance. The A487 at Lower Towns remains open and water starting to recede.
· No significant flooding or clean up issues at Dale. Water receding.
· Minor flooding at Mullock Bridge and The Gann, Dale. Road passable with care. Water starting to recede.
· Sea front at Gelliswick, Milford Haven, being cleared of storm debris
RT @DyfedPowys: Temporary road closures are in place at the momemnt for roads in Laugharne, Carmarthen Quay and the A487 Newgale. #weathera…— @clarembutler 01 February 2014
LATEST: The A487 at Newgale is closed due to sea water breaching the sea defences. The A4075 at Carew Bridge is... http://t.co/2zecZsSCqY— @CleddauRadio 01 February 2014
Update from Pembrokeshire County Council, timed at 7.45am:
Further to earlier updates:
· Road passable with care at top of tidal inlet at Mullock Bridge near Dale and Rickeston Mill near Milford Haven.
· In Haverfordwest there is minor flooding on footpaths along the river. River level not as high as previous tidal event early in January. One property (cafe) in Riverside Arcade flooded and currently being swept.
· Water is coming into the car park at Lower Town Fishguard but has not gone onto road. The A487 is still open at Lower Town but may be closed for the high tide period at 0806 hours as precautions with diversions in place. Teams are on standby.
· In Amroth water receding at 0710 hours. Impact minimal. Pebbles on road but will be cleared at first light. Temporary repairs to seafront road from last tidal impact have held up.
· At Dale, minor overtopping of waves but no significant impact. Water receding.
Update from Pembrokeshire County Council, timed at 7.15am:
Pembrokeshire County Council has workmen at key locations this morning (Saturday, 1st February) in Haverfordwest, Newgale, Solva and Fishguard due to the threat of tidal flooding.
· The A487 is currently closed at Newgale with water coming through pebbles.
· The A4075 currently closed at Carew Bridge with 18 inches of water reported.
· Commons Road, Pembroke, due to floodwater.
· Water is coming into the car park at Lower Town Fishguard where the A487 is still open. However it may close as a precaution for the high tide period at 0806 hours.
· At Dale the flood gate is in place on the slipway and by the Old Chapel Cottage. Sandbags deployed to properties at risk.
· Workforce monitoring Amroth and Wisemans Bridge with clearance equipment on stand-by. Waves are currently coming over wall at Amroth.
· Flood signs in place at the Commons in Pembroke.
· Additional locations at risk or of concern are coastal areas such as Little Haven, Broad Haven, Nolton Haven, Wisemans Bridge from waves action
· Additional locations at risk or of concern: Commons Road in Pembroke and coastal areas such as Little Haven, Broad Haven, Nolton Haven, Wisemans Bridge.
The wind is expected to rise after the high tide event this morning with gusts up to 60mph gusts. Hence, there’s scope for some minor impacts due to the wind and very large waves on coasts.
Members of the public are asked to be aware of the danger of visiting coastal locations today.
· For the latest update and advice on how to be prepared visit: www.pembrokeshire.gov.uk/alerts
· For up to date information on the weather, please view the Met Office website at www.metoffice.gov.uk
· For all information about flooding and flood alerts, please view the Natural Resources Wales website at www.naturalresourceswales.gov.uk
Comments are closed on this article.