Firefighters tackled a blaze in the south of the county last night (Tuesday) after reports of a gorse fire in Martins Haven.

At 7.13pm, two fire engines attended from Milford Haven to battle the flames, which engulfed two hectares of gorse in the area.

The fire burned close to Lockley Lodge, owned by the Wildlife Trust, as well as a holiday home, but the properties were not threatened by the flames.

Lyndon Lomax, of St Davids, had been in the area taking photos of wildlife at the time.

Mr Lomax said: "The fire just seemed to erupt out of nowhere.

"The fire service were called, but luckily no people or properties seemed to be in danger."

The fire burned for approximately 90 minutes in total, with the fire service remaining at the scene until 8.30pm.

Fire service reports have identified the fire as being accidental, however eyewitnesses have reported seeing two youths running away from the scene, leaving the area by car.

The incident in Martins Haven is the latest in a series of gorse fires to hit Pembrokeshire this summer, after blazes in Goodwick and Solva earlier in the year.

A 17-year-old youth has been charged in connection with the Solva gorse fire in June and will appear in Haverfordwest youth court next week.