Hakin United 0

West Dragons 4

Hakin United's hopes of a third successive Senior Cup win were left in tatters on Tuesday after they were shell-shocked by second division side West Dragons.

Goals from Scott Crawford (2), Jay Brockway and Steve Dockerty capped a superb display from the underdogs after Jonathan Bennett's early red card for Hakin.

The Vikings actually made a bright start, with Justin Harding firing a left foot shot across goal, before Steve Mathias blasted over from the edge of the area.

But then came Bennett's moment of madness. The midfielder was impeded by Jonathan Clarke, but despite being awarded the foul, he threw out an elbow, which left The Dragons player on the deck.

After consulting with linesman Sean O'Connor, referee Kevin Bowen issued a straight red card.

It proved costly as minutes later; Brockway headed in Crawford's knock down from a Ewan Cunningham corner.

Crawford then miscued in front of goal, before The Vikings came close to an equaliser. Andrew Kingston's header was brilliantly kept out by Dragons keeper Andrew Mathias.

The keeper then denied Harding but it was Nigel Delaney's men who finished the half in the ascendancy.

Crawford fired wastefully over from close range before Brockway nearly bundled the ball in following a goalmouth scramble.

The same player then went close after Vikings keeper Steve Hartley spilt Steve Dockerty's shot.

And just after the interval, Brockway was denied again when Hartley did well to tip his shot over the bar - but then The Dragons struck.

With 48 minutes gone, the ball fell to Crawford in the box, and he drove a low shot home.

In an effort to get back into it, Hakin brought on striker Paul Jones for Paul Jenkins - but although The Vikings pressed they failed to create any real clear chances.

Then with 16 minutes left, Dockerty made the game safe when his speculative shot was spilled into his own net by Hartley.

Crawford could have made it 4-0 after a brilliant run but lost control at the crucial moment - before Jones nearly pulled one back but his flicked shot went straight at Mathias.

Then in the dying seconds, Crawford and Hartley both challenged for the ball, and the striker reacted quickest to tap in and complete a memorable night for The Dragons.

Delaney's men will now aim to be the first second division side to win the Senior Cup since Merlins Bridge in the 1986/87 season.

Hakin United: Steve Hartley, Leigh Broome, Paul Jenkins, Ewan Findlay, Steve Allen, Andrew Kingston, Justin Harding, Jonathan Bennett, Ashley Bevan, Steve Mathias, James Stanmore. Subs: Scott Davies, Paul Jones, Nathan Banner.

West Dragons: Andrew Mathias, Ian Harris, Ewan Cunningham, Nigel Delaney, Karl Hedley, Scott Delaney, Jonathan Clarke, Steve Dockerty, Jay Brockway, Rob Hedley, Scott Crawford. Subs: Niall Kinsella, Jamie Palmer, Joe Brill.